- Oversees all aspects and day-to-day activities of the service delivery function and support staff.
- Overseeing the entire operations of the function and ensuring services are delivered to meet, if not exceed customer expectations.
- Should be able to Collaborate globally with the business, vendor consultants, support groups, IT Infrastructure departments and other UBS business units.
- Responsible for Incident, Problem & Change management and RFS in Database Environment with in the Bank.
- Solid understanding of Oracle 10g/11g, RAC, Oracle Dataguard, Goldengate ASM, RMAN, OEM, Exadata and OID preferably.
- Knowledge on performance tuning of database.
- Knowledge on Exports, Imports, Datapump, Rman.
- Hands on experience on cloning of databases.
- Hands on experience on databases restorations and recoveries.
- Knowledge on RAC installation and maintenance.
- Hands on experience on CPU patching and upgrades.
- To work under minimal supervision and should be self-driven.
- Familiar with working in a project environment including planning, deliverables, progress tracking and reporting.
- Manage Key Infrastructure Project coordination including Infrastructure weekends, Patching exercises, Power down activities, BCM Tests, CTB Projects (internal or external), Data Center Moves etc.
- Ability to articulate how business issues may impact overall IT services.
- Provides functional, technical and process leadership within the team.
- Escalations Point for high level service issues and resources.
- Periodic review of the Project Performance (Schedule, cost, quality) on a periodic basis.
- Experience in running Continuous Service Improvement Initiatives to bring efficiencies with in the team.
- Works with Service Manager on SLA Adherence analysis and actions items.
Required Skills: Oracle / MSSQL
- Oracle: Administration Skills on all Versions of Oracle Database, Exadata.
- MSSQL: Database Administration tasks independently in MSSQL 2000, 2005, 2008, Analysis services and Reporting services.
- DB Performance Management & Troubleshooting.
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions in DB Environment.
- Good understanding of ITIL V3 framework.
- Good working knowledge on Power point and Visio.